The information contained on this page is related to an older edition of the competition. It is
made available for archival purposes only. For the most current information, please go to Stepping Stone 2020.
- One of the following works:
- Glière: Prélude et scherzo Op. 32
- Bottesini: Élégie et tarantelle
- Proto: Caprice
- Serventi: Largo et scherzando
- Zbinden: Hommage à J.S. Bach Op. 44
- Montag: Extrêmes
- Sperger: Two movements of a sonata
- Two contrasting movements (including the prelude) of a Suite for cello by J.S.
- Two consecutive movements (including the slow movement) of a sonata or a concerto from the
baroque or classical period.
- One complete work or a group of movements or one movement of your choice.
- One complete sonata.
- One or two romantic works from the same composer.
- One complete work or a group of movements or one movement of
- A Canadian work written after 1950.
- One complete concerto written for double bass.