The Canadian Music Competition is pleased to announce the names of the 6 finalists who have advanced to the last round of the Stepping Stone.
- Jeanne Amièle, piano, Montréal
- Marie Bégin, violin, Québec
- David Dias Da Silva, clarinet, Montréal
- Felix Hong, piano, Montréal
- Nicole Linaksita, piano, Vancouver
- Justin Joon Kee Min, piano, Richmond Hill
We invite you to come and encourage the 6 finalists during the Final round of competition on June 20.
The winner of the 2016 Stepping Stone will have the chance to perform at the Gala Concert, Tuesday, July 4, at 7 pm, at Léo-Paul-Therrien Concert Hall of Maison des arts Desjardins Drummondville. Buy your tickets now.
Prizes and Scholarships of the Stepping Stone Winners
- First Prize Canimex Group: $10,000
- Second Prize UL Mutual: $5,000
- Third Prize Pianos Bolduc Montréal: $2,500
- Prize for the best performance of the original work by Canadian composer Simon Bertrand: $1,000
- All other finalists will receive a scholarship of $1,000 each, one of which will be offered by Canadian Tire of Drummondville.
Additional prizes for recipients of the first three places:
- $5,000 career support scholarship offered by the Jeunesses Musicales Canada Foundation
- Three-week residency at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity in 2017
- Guest soloist in 2017-18 concert series of the Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur
The CMC warmly thanks the Canimex Group, its main sponsor for this 2016 edition and partner since more than 40 years.
The CMC also thanks Steinway & Sons, UL Mutual, Soprema, Ville de Drummondville, Canadian Tire of Drummondville, Jeunesses Musicales Canada Foundation, Maison des arts Desjardins Drummondville, Cégep de Drummondville, The Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity and the Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur.