Hope is a creative force. In the unusual and still uncertain context of the pandemic, our priority is to establish clear guidelines to inform our participants beforehand of the conditions that must be met in order for auditions to take place:
- The activities will take place in one round with the National Audition, which will occur behind closed doors;
- The National Final and Gala Concert are cancelled;
- Candidates are invited to submit their registration form and all necessary documents in digital versions through the platform Acceptd;
- The jury will be composed of five judges: three local judges will audition the candidates in performance halls and two permanent judges will do so remotely;
- The results announcements and meetings with the adjudicators will occur virtually — format to be determined;
- The repertoire requirements have been revised and adapted;
- Some changes have been made to the rules, including the addition of a Health and Safety Protocol;
- The Grand Prizes will be attributed and candidates will merit a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in accordance with the rules.
The CMC team is making every effort to put together an in-person edition for every chapter. If access to performance halls—a key criteria in ensuring fairness for all of our participants—is compromised, the 2021 competitive edition will be transformed into a non-competitive edition. This replacement solution may be applied to an instrument category, a region, or to all candidates, depending on how the pandemic progresses. If need be, participants will be invited to submit a video recording consisting of one or more works from the previously submitted repertoire. A 5-member committee will evaluate the performances and, without assigning a score or ranking, vote for their favourite.